Each time a major shift happens to our lives, leaving a job and migrate to other country, got pregnant and enjoy the journey of motherhood full-time, we have to take control of who we will become or risk never reaching our full potential.
I’ve reinvented myself several times of my life, from being in the corporate world then became a public servant then became an Oversees Filipino Worker then became a Stay at home Mom and my new reinvention to become a Work at home Mom – a Virtual Professional.
To reinvent yourself, you must be bold enough and fearless enough to stand your ground when many will try to knock you off your path.
Two years are enough to be a full-time mother and its time for me to practice again my profession as an accountant and learn new skills a a Virtual Professional at the same time take care of my son and spend quality time to my family.
How will I do that?
Thanks to Internet, we can now work in virtual world without leaving our home and family behind.
Here are the steps I’ve made to reinvent myself.
1. I create a vision of my future. I imagine the future that I want.
“To have the time freedom that I want, to continue my career on a higher level and to earn the income that I need “
2. I Write about my plans on how to achieve my goals, the skills that I need to possess and the time frame of my goals.
3. I surround myself with visual reminders someplace where I can see them every day and it can be anything that reminds me of the life I would like to create.
4. Now that I have a vision and plans for my future, I need to break it up into workable tasks. I find a mentor who can guide, help and nurture my career quest. I make a list of everything I need to learn, and commit myself to DO IT one day at a time.
5. Every day I go back to that vision of me walking toward my dreams and reconnect with WHY I am moving towards this new possibility.
Major life changes are never easy, Reinvention is neither easy nor always smooth. Often, I encounter resistance. I often struggle with limiting beliefs about myself what holds me back from trying new things.
Each time I find myself slipping into making excuses & procrastination, I just ask myself “What can I do in this moment to keep moving forward?” Then, no matter what I feel at the moment, I do something to maintain momentum, like reading books, watching tutorial webinars, listening to audio books.
Reinvention say I need to find concordance between what really matters to me and the goals I chase.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.